Some time ago I’ve read an interview with the creator of My new roots blog. She said that a hot water with a lemon juice can cause miracles. The article was so interesting that I’ve decided to poke around and find some more information about the magical beverage. It turns out this concoction is a hit. Why? Imagine that you drink a glass of it when you wake up (preferably 20 minutes before breakfast), and in return:
- it strengthens the immune system, thanks to vitamin C.
- potassium contained in it stimulates brain, nervous system and controls blood pressure. So it helps your body and mind to relax.
- it encourages your liver to produce acids required for digestion, so it helps to clean it of toxins
- it cleanses the skin, and even more, reduces wrinkles. A natural antiseptic contained in lemon helps to treat skin problems.
- refreshes a morning breath
- helps with cough and breathing problems
- cleanses intestines from the remaining food from the previous day.
- provides vitamins and minerals
- helps to treat stomach problems such as nausea, heartburn, bloating, constipation, etc.
- apparently drinking hot water with lemon and honey regularly really helps to loose extra pounds.
So let’s drink it!